Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your Online Library Account
If you're a registered student, or faculty/staff member at Fresno Pacific University, you have an online library account. It is accessible to you anywhere you have internet access. This account lets you do many useful things.
Use the Tabs above to see what you can do!
To Access Your Account
- Click here to access your account directly.
- If you already are in the library discovery service, click the login link near the top of the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter your last name and the first 7 digits of your university ID number. If you don't know your ID number, click on the link below the submit button to retrieve it.
- Make it a habit to sign in to your library account before you do any research, particularly if you are off campus. Your ability to access full-text materials through the library catalog is tied to your FPU affiliation. If you are off campus the only way for the discovery service to recognize your status is through signing in.
What can I see?
- The initial page that you will see is a list of all library items that you currently have checked out. Each item will appear by title with its barcode number and call number in addition to its due date (called "Status" in your account). You'll also be able to see how many times you have renewed that item (note that the library is now actively enforcing its 1 renewal policy).
- Regular Checkouts: The due date will be displayed.
- Reserve Checkouts: The due date and exact time materials are due will be displayed.
- Link+ Checkouts: The due date will be displayed. The barcode and call number may be different for Link+ books.
- ILL Checkouts: Books you receive via ILL appear among the list of checkouts with the title of "Interlibrary Loan Marker." The due date will be displayed.
- For a list of things you can do in your account page, see the next tab.
What can I do?
- Your access to full-text articles and e-books through the Hiebert Library is contingent upon your status as faculty, staff, or student. Signing in to your library account insures that you are recognized as one of these, particularly if you are searching from off campus.
- You can easily renew your items from this page.
- Check out our Library Guide on Renewing. You will also be able to see how many times you have renewed each item. Note that if you have any overdue items you will not be able to check out new items until you have renewed the items or returned them to the library. So this account is a good way to keep up on your checked out items.
- You can choose how you see your checked out items.
- The default is set to view the items by checkout date, putting the things you've checked out most recently at the bottom and the older checkouts at the top. You may select the "Sort by Due Date" box to have the items displayed by when they're due back to the library. This will put the things that are due back first at the top of the list.
- You can see the record for the item in the Library Discovery Service by clicking on the title. You can only do this for items that belong to the Hiebert Library or the Mennonite Library.
- You can see what fines you may have accrued.
- Fines existing on your account will be viewable on the Fines tab. If you have an item that is overdue you will also be able to see the amount of fines it has potentially accrued in red in the checkouts section. These fines will not be applied to your account until you return the item. You will need to come into the library to pay your fines, or call with credit card information. Once your fines have hit $5 you will not be able to renew items, check out new items, or view any articles etc. on the databases until you have paid at least some of the fines.
- If you have requested books from Link+ or if you have any other books being held for you, you can view them by choosing the "Holds" link.
- This will allow you to see the status of the book (Requested/In transit/Canceled/Re-Requested/Ready, must pick up by...) and the pickup location you previously chose. It will also allow you to cancel the book if for some reason you do not need it anymore.
- Please not that ILL books do not show up on your account until they have been checked out to you at the Hiebert Library, and then they show up in your list of regular checkouts with a Title of "Interlibrary Loan Marker."
- You can keep track of the status of your article requests via the ArticleReach tab.
- This will allow you to see the status of the article request (Requested/In transit/Canceled/Submitted for Inter-Library Loan/Filled). When you request articles from ArticleReach they will appear here as a link to a PDF. Access and save the article to your own device as soon as possible to avoid losing access to the article. For more information on ArticleReach, see the Library Guide.