Items checked out from Hiebert Library may be renewed one time on the day they are due or the day before. Additional renewals are not allowed. You may renew items online, in person at the library, or by phone. Here's how to do it.
Remember that your online library account is available when we are not. This is the best option for renewing your books if you forget to come in or call during library hours.
- Go to the library discovery service and click the link for library account page in the right column.
- Enter last name and first 7 digits of university ID number.
- You will be returned to the main discovery service page, and you will see "My Account" now displayed at the top right of the screen. Click on "My Account" to open your account.
- You will see a list of all library items that you currently have checked out (please note that title information is currently displaying improperly for Link+ items. The barcode number, however, is correct, so refer to that).
- From the list of items checked out, you may check boxes for individual items and then click "renew marked," or simply click "renew all."
- You will be told if the items were successfully renewed, or whether some or all of them are not eligible to be renewed. Items not eligible for renewal need to be returned to the Hiebert Library.
Come to the Hiebert Library circulation desk during regular hours, and a staff member will renew your items for you. You do not need to bring in the items to renew. A staff member can use your ID to look up the items to renew.
Call 559-453-2090 during regular hours to ask that items be renewed.